Here’s your chance to get involved with one of Sherfield’s most popular and worthwhile events! Our superb annual fête is organised and run entirely by volunteers, and help is always needed from as many volunteers as possible, particularly on the day of the fête but also in the run-up to it and afterwards.
Here are just some of the jobs that we rely on people like you to do:
- Being part of our social media effort on Facebook and Twitter
- Taking a turn to man a village fundraising stall – meet your neighbours!
- Welcoming visitors to the fête, collecting donations, and handing out programmes
- Stewarding, co-ordinating stallholders and volunteers and assisting with problems
- Cooking and serving on the barbecue
- Marshalling the car park
- Collecting donated items in the week or so before the fete
- Setting up and taking down marquees and gazebos
- Helping the clearing up team
You could even join our organising committee and help us shape the day. We’re always keen to hear from people with new and fresh ideas.
If you think could you spare a couple of hours of your time (or more – there’s no upper limit!) then you can volunteer using the form below.